Customer Focus

Build an appropriate value system to enhance your customer's experience

The Way Ahead People Customer Focus Build an appropriate value system to enhance your customer's experience

Typically a business hears from only 4% of customers who are dissatisfied.  The remaining 96% of the unhappy customers walk away quietly and usually do not come back.

It is a fact that 68% of those who leave do so because of the indifferent behaviour of employees, who should be providing a quality  service.   We all know the story, one dissatisfied customer will tell eight to ten people about their experience and it takes twelve positive service moments to make up for one negative one. 

Quite often employees do not know the basics, they often are sent to deal with customers without a clear understanding of what it takes to create and  keep people loyal to the business.

We often hear about the moments of truth, the moment that a customer decided to stay or to walk away, I am sure each and every one of you reading this will have experienced those moments which are crucial points to make or break success.

These moments often determine how successful a business can be.  Leaders must identify potential "saboteur" employees in their business by observing their behaviour during service interactions.  It is very simple, however often overlooked, people buy from people.  So by turning your unique personality into your greatest asset and then being able to  demonstrate to customers the fine service you give to them, they will always return.

Things to do -

  • Identify and assemble your customer service talent
  • Re-engineer processes to allow the talent to be innovative and empowered
  • Communicate and drive the vision
  • Customise your approach to each employee
  • Reward the positive behaviours